1972 gran torino for sale craigslist

Published by

Posted on August 29, 2020

I rear-ended a truck in Depew, NY on leave, towed it 225 miles and plugged a new front clip on it.

5,000 Miles. 1968 to 1972 Ford Torino for Sale. This car is a two owner car and is in pristine condition.The motor and transmission were rebuilt 2K miles ago. This car model was the very first brand new car that I owned in either 72 or 73….can’t quite remember.Interesting car and to a previous comment adding more carb/carbs will do nothing to a stock motor like this, this came with a 2 bbl for a reason, it cant use any more fuel/air. Was it modified? The 1969-92 351W , 1970-74 351C, and the 1975-82 351M.I hope I have cleared up some confusion about this small part of Ford V-8 engine lore.One interesting engine I remember reading about many years ago in an old magazine was some very hopped up Ford engine nicknamed the 366 “Boss Hoss”, based on the 351 Cleveland. No the hood Shaker is not factory, but everything else is.As an owner of a ’72 GTS, I agree, you could get the formal roof or fastback on a Gran Torino Sport, but I’m not sure you could get the fastback on a non sport…at least I can’t recall ever seeing one.First time I’ve ever seen a Sport that didn’t have bucket seats, seems pretty strange.

It had 96k miles then but spent it’s entire life in Texas. Just a custom built race mill that made gobs of horsepower, but I have also read about a 366 cubic inch engine Ford was experimenting with for NASCAR based on the Cleveland before ending all their racing programs. Example…1971 Torino with a 302 2v was rated at 210 HPTougher emissions became the standard every year, 72 Fords reduced compression ratios for emission purposes, but the 302 didn’t lose 70 frickin’ HP !Would rather compare a 1971 400CID, but it was not produced until ’72.
The standard changed to SAE net in 1972. To be honest it is just too confusing to ramble on about but there is some good info out there if any one actually cares.Well there ya go, the decal on the valve cover said “Engine Family 351M/400” The M stood for modified. Until my brother floated the valves and sent the #4 piston into the sunshine. It has some desirable options, but this isn’t a highly sought after car in this configuration. Classifieds for 1968 to 1972 Ford Torino. The 429 was a torque monster (for the time), but only 205 hp. Hard braking caused that car to nosedive under the truck bumper and roll the grill and radiator over the distributor. Set an alert to be notified of new listings.

@Lee Waddington. This beauty can be found I personally prefer the more sleeper and/or businesslike look of the two-door hardtop over the To further solidify the businesslike look of this beautiful car it even has a vinyl roof. 55 vehicles matched Now showing page 1 of 4. 1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport . Awesome carGet in the truck! The rear tire blew out at 50 mph. Darn drum must have weighed in at 350 lbs.Nice, but I’d want more flash for that kind of cash.Through 1971, horsepower was rated as SAE gross/BHP. Wish I had it still!

All the classic car features. The 1972 Gran Torino brings back special memories… In early 1972 my folks were in the market for a new family car. It’s got nothing to do with the sleekness or lack thereof of the roofline. Get the best deals on Ford Torino when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com.

See prices, photos and find dealers near you. There is only 1 Ford 400 so we really do not need to add the M, but that is what it is.I’ve had two 1978 Ford 4X4s powed by 400Ms. 2020 Topclassiccarsforsale.com - Classic cars for sale. Consequently I have a lot of memories that include those conveyances. A very good highway cruiser.I’d buy this car for about 7000. Hardtop has become a generic term (like Kleenex), and has come to identify a fixed-roof car sans B-pillars...nother early 70’s dog .. way way way over priced! I don’t remember where the M was built, but the designation was on both 351 and 400 engines. You got it right, and there’s not really that much confusing about it, except to those who don’t know squat about Ford motors.Gotta be pretty sharp to know Ford engines, like the attitude.
That designation was given to distinguish it from the other two engines. Little did I know that my wonderful brother had modified the brakes and disabled the rears (for racing of course). The “M” did not denote engine family.

Lg Refrigerator Compressor Replacement Cost, Rv Salvage Yards Kentucky, Where Was Daddy's Home 2 Filmed Cabin, Giant Talon 3 29er 2019, Alesis Recital Transpose, An Open Secret Documentary 123movies, How To Build A Confessional Booth, What Does Gap Stand For, Don't Breathe Full Movie Hotstar, Clean Freak Anime Season 2, Lorenz Fire Emblem Best Class, Shark Tank Open Call 2020, Our Family Wedding Mixologist Scene, Heart Rate 180 At 9 Weeks Boy Or Girl, Samsung Washer Repeats Rinse Cycle, Is Rose Water Toxic To Cats, Mole Rat Spawns Fallout 76, Don't Stop Me Now Piano, How Many Birds Eye Chillies Should I Use, Hedgehogs For Sale In Missouri, Antibiotics For Bearded Dragon Tail Rot, Can You Take Ducks From A Park Meme, Breakthrough Full Movie, Bissell Powerfresh Deluxe Steam Mop How To Use, Uc Essay Rubric, Car Washer With Water Tank, Jasmine Flower Buds Turning Purple, Goodnight Moon Asmr Real Name, Airport City Game Code, Ryobi Foam Blaster Not Working, Table Mate With Cup Holder, Are You Home Alone Survey, Biblical Meaning Of Dinosaurs In Dreams, 1000 Bling Points To Btc, Pioneer Woman Fried Okra, How To Change Your Skin Color On Roblox Mobile, Can Ikea Fixa Drill Wall, Stores That Accept Bread Financing, Julie Blichfeldt Age, David Bellavia Wife, Xenoverse 2 Unlock All Outfits, Juice Wrld Better Off Alone, William Munny True Story Hot, Can A Human Outrun A Raccoon, Here I Am Send Me If The Lord Wants Somebody Lyrics, Can I Skip Naruto Fillers, Ghetto Stories Full Movie 123movies,

About the Author

ADD A COMMENT