It will also be the first semi-auto rifle I've loaded for. I'm planning to use 150s and Varget in an M1A with an 18.5" barrel.

Have used both Rem and WW brass successfully. Any advice? Various manuals show up to 48.5 grains of Varget as max with 150-grain bullets in the .308, due to differences in bullets, powder lots and brass. BUT, I seat them out to 2.816" COAL, which is about 0.020" off the lands in the 22" barrel of my Win 70 classic stainless featherweight. I've been shooting a .308 load with Varget that's been working perfectly, with no excessive pressure signs, but now I'm wondering if it could be on the warm side, after hearing some of the loads quoted in this thread. I shoot 45.5 with the 165gr HFBIL and the Barnes 168 TTSX.

Thanks for the input from all!

In my present .308, a Merkel K1 single-shot, I use 150-grain AccuBonds, and relied on Nosler data to work up the load. And it will be slighly compressed.

Available in 1 lb. Or I was already one or the other.We've already talked about this, remember?

However, loaded down to around 2600 fps with around 43 to 43.5grs of Varget out of the 20" barrel of my old Browning BLR, they do MUCH better.Point 1: I always follow the powder manufacturer's load data. I shot a number of combo's, including Varget.

150gr Hornady SST's, Rem 9 1/2 primer, new Federal brass (but about 30 years old, that I bought a LOT of from a store going out of business), and 47.5gr of Varget. 308 Norma Mag. I was planning on 41.5, 42.5,43.5,44.5,45.5 for test loads.

Nosler: 150, 48.5 Varget = 3001 fps Hodgdon: 150, 47.0 Varget = 2937 fps, 50300 CUP Might be worthwhile knowing where the experts draw the line at cramming more Varget into the .308 case. 300 Wby Mag. Of course anything within 20-25 fps is considered pretty much temp-resistent, but it impressed me anyway!Using Winchester brass, Fed 210 primers and Nosler BT my 22" barreled rifle achieves 2814 fps at the pressure limit with 46.5 grains of Varget.

Can I simply load like I would for a .308 bolt gun as long as I full length resize?I'm planning to use 150s and Varget in an M1A with an 18.5" barrel.

I use RP or Win brass with CCI 200's. containers. Thats YOU get used to it... yeah I remember, but like Ruger, I couldn't resist....Slightly off-topic - I grabbed some AA2520 that was on sale at a good price, figuring I could use it in my M1A, but I see now Zediker is saying nothing slower than 4064 in the M14/M1A, and 2520 is just past 4064 on the burn chart. At the time, I had no published data for the 150gr SST and Varget, so I took the data I had on hand from Hodgdon and Nosler, started at a safe level and worked up from there. Barnes call out 44.0 gr for 2,733 fps for a 150 TSX.

RL15 is a fine powder for .308 Win. Don't chamber the round and let the bolt fly home.I load 46 grains of Varget under a 165 grain NBT in RP brass with a CCI 200 primer, seated about .020 off the lands in my Ruger #1B. 30-06 Sprg. I cant find mention anywhere so was wondering if I actually had read it.Point 1: I always follow the powder manufacturer's load data. They're too soft at closer ranges and don't penetrate the way I want them to.
Best Places To Hunt Mule Deer In Arizona, Utility Runners By The Foot, Super Mario 64 Ds Walkthrough, Telugu Mantras And Slokas Pdf, Boat Names For Wine Drinkers, Daughter To Mother Poems That Make You Cry, Where The Crawdads Sing Ending Summary, The Rain Came Down Pdf, Chameleon Eggs For Sale, Dewalt Dxpw 3625 Pressure Washer, Sergio Espino Verdin Real Life, Kim Darby Net Worth, 2020 Honda Foreman 520 Top Speed, How To Draw A Peony, Where To Watch A Hidden Life, Shadow Kiss Graphic Novel Pdf, Rockin R Promo Code, On Discovering A Garden Arthur Mildmay Book, Strange Journey Redux Womb Of Grief Guide, Do You Tip Macys White Glove Delivery, " />
It will also be the first semi-auto rifle I've loaded for. I'm planning to use 150s and Varget in an M1A with an 18.5" barrel.

Have used both Rem and WW brass successfully. Any advice? Various manuals show up to 48.5 grains of Varget as max with 150-grain bullets in the .308, due to differences in bullets, powder lots and brass. BUT, I seat them out to 2.816" COAL, which is about 0.020" off the lands in the 22" barrel of my Win 70 classic stainless featherweight. I've been shooting a .308 load with Varget that's been working perfectly, with no excessive pressure signs, but now I'm wondering if it could be on the warm side, after hearing some of the loads quoted in this thread. I shoot 45.5 with the 165gr HFBIL and the Barnes 168 TTSX.

In my present .308, a Merkel K1 single-shot, I use 150-grain AccuBonds, and relied on Nosler data to work up the load. And it will be slighly compressed.

Available in 1 lb. Or I was already one or the other.We've already talked about this, remember?

However, loaded down to around 2600 fps with around 43 to 43.5grs of Varget out of the 20" barrel of my old Browning BLR, they do MUCH better.Point 1: I always follow the powder manufacturer's load data. I shot a number of combo's, including Varget.

150gr Hornady SST's, Rem 9 1/2 primer, new Federal brass (but about 30 years old, that I bought a LOT of from a store going out of business), and 47.5gr of Varget. 308 Norma Mag. I was planning on 41.5, 42.5,43.5,44.5,45.5 for test loads.

Nosler: 150, 48.5 Varget = 3001 fps Hodgdon: 150, 47.0 Varget = 2937 fps, 50300 CUP Might be worthwhile knowing where the experts draw the line at cramming more Varget into the .308 case. 300 Wby Mag. Of course anything within 20-25 fps is considered pretty much temp-resistent, but it impressed me anyway!Using Winchester brass, Fed 210 primers and Nosler BT my 22" barreled rifle achieves 2814 fps at the pressure limit with 46.5 grains of Varget.

Can I simply load like I would for a .308 bolt gun as long as I full length resize?I'm planning to use 150s and Varget in an M1A with an 18.5" barrel.

I use RP or Win brass with CCI 200's. containers. Thats YOU get used to it... yeah I remember, but like Ruger, I couldn't resist....Slightly off-topic - I grabbed some AA2520 that was on sale at a good price, figuring I could use it in my M1A, but I see now Zediker is saying nothing slower than 4064 in the M14/M1A, and 2520 is just past 4064 on the burn chart. At the time, I had no published data for the 150gr SST and Varget, so I took the data I had on hand from Hodgdon and Nosler, started at a safe level and worked up from there. Barnes call out 44.0 gr for 2,733 fps for a 150 TSX.

RL15 is a fine powder for .308 Win. Don't chamber the round and let the bolt fly home.I load 46 grains of Varget under a 165 grain NBT in RP brass with a CCI 200 primer, seated about .020 off the lands in my Ruger #1B. 30-06 Sprg. I cant find mention anywhere so was wondering if I actually had read it.Point 1: I always follow the powder manufacturer's load data. They're too soft at closer ranges and don't penetrate the way I want them to.
Best Places To Hunt Mule Deer In Arizona, Utility Runners By The Foot, Super Mario 64 Ds Walkthrough, Telugu Mantras And Slokas Pdf, Boat Names For Wine Drinkers, Daughter To Mother Poems That Make You Cry, Where The Crawdads Sing Ending Summary, The Rain Came Down Pdf, Chameleon Eggs For Sale, Dewalt Dxpw 3625 Pressure Washer, Sergio Espino Verdin Real Life, Kim Darby Net Worth, 2020 Honda Foreman 520 Top Speed, How To Draw A Peony, Where To Watch A Hidden Life, Shadow Kiss Graphic Novel Pdf, Rockin R Promo Code, On Discovering A Garden Arthur Mildmay Book, Strange Journey Redux Womb Of Grief Guide, Do You Tip Macys White Glove Delivery, "/>

varget 308 150 gr

Published by

Posted on August 29, 2020

Various manuals show up to 48.5 grains of Varget as max with 150-grain bullets in the .308, due to differences in bullets, powder lots and brass. First, I developed that load in 2007. Fixed German 4x on it yea just what I need.! Check your scale with a balance scale or Lee dipper for comparison. If you encounter the above signs, they usually mean you are already over max and in danger territory. The top velocity (2989 fps) was provided by 2000 MR. Can I simply load like I would for a .308 bolt gun as long as I full length resize?Wow, that is quite a resource. My comment about having the wrong bullet for your application was in response to your comment:But, I really don't like the SST's all that much at that velocity.

30-378 Wby Mag.

I have great results with 44gr Varget and Hornady 150gr BTSPSierra's data was shot in Federal brass, which is thicker and lower capacity.I have great results with 44gr Varget and Hornady 150gr BTSPYep, sounds familiar.
Same results too. The book does not stipulates it is a compressed load. They know their product better than anyone else especially if there are changes or variations in their product.

I load 46 grains of Varget under a 165 grain NBT in RP brass with a CCI 200 primer, seated about .020 off the lands in my Ruger #1B.
From "flattened" primers, to difficult bolt lift, case head expansion, ejector marks, case head swipe, etc none of them are worth much without a chronograph. 30 TC.

Best Places To Hunt Mule Deer In Arizona, Utility Runners By The Foot, Super Mario 64 Ds Walkthrough, Telugu Mantras And Slokas Pdf, Boat Names For Wine Drinkers, Daughter To Mother Poems That Make You Cry, Where The Crawdads Sing Ending Summary, The Rain Came Down Pdf, Chameleon Eggs For Sale, Dewalt Dxpw 3625 Pressure Washer, Sergio Espino Verdin Real Life, Kim Darby Net Worth, 2020 Honda Foreman 520 Top Speed, How To Draw A Peony, Where To Watch A Hidden Life, Shadow Kiss Graphic Novel Pdf, Rockin R Promo Code, On Discovering A Garden Arthur Mildmay Book, Strange Journey Redux Womb Of Grief Guide, Do You Tip Macys White Glove Delivery,

About the Author

ADD A COMMENT