1985 yamaha vmax specs

Published by

Posted on August 29, 2020

I see that the bike pictured in this article is an 85 model. Unsold bikes, “non-currents” being the operative word, were everywhere, and even Yamaha did not produce a 1987 V-Max, having too many ’86 models left in showrooms and warehouses.While the naysayers began to write obituaries, the V-Max came back in 1988, with new wheels. Only 17,200 miles! Very knowledgeable on the gen2’s as well!Hey Lance, the first 2,000 1985 V-max were special in many ways. Can I replace it straight over to a 2000 vmax motor I found for sale? Future changes were minor: In 1990 the ignition was upgraded to digital electronic, and in ’93 some chassis changes were made, with 43mm fork tubes bolted on to do away with any flex. $0.00 due.i want to export a 1988 vmax i need to know the factory price ie the price the dealers pay …no tax or transport costs etc…the bare price…anyone?1987 was produced by Yamaha. The 1985 Yamaha V-Max's power -- and a prodigious amount it was -- came from a 1200-cc V-four with four valves per cylinder. The engine produces a maximum peak output power of 113.50 HP (82.8 kW) @ 8500 RPM and a maximum torque of 83.10 Nm (8.5 kgf-m or 61.3 ft.lbs) @ 6000 RPM . To over-simplify Ashihara’s V-Boost concept, at 6,000 rpm a little servo-motor kicked in and began opening a butterfly valve that separated the intakes of the two carbs on each bank of the V-four. In the battle against jacking: Horsepower -1, Yamaha engineers – 0.One detail I am curious if anyone has noticed. Checking closely on the suspension specs, the front forks are Soqi 52 mm units, with a mixture of cast aluminum top triple clamp, lower fork legs, and a forged aluminum lower triple clamp with extruded aluminum legs. Models Yamaha V-Max 1200 (North America, Europe) 1985-1986 Yamaha V-Max 1200 … The Yamaha VMX12 V-Max model is a Custom / cruiser bike manufactured by Yamaha . That is something that amazes me, that Yamaha would build such a powerful engine, and place it in a frame and suspension combo that was pretty much an advertisement for Slinky. I didnt get until I was 52 years old but since it came out my dream has been to own one. Advertisement. Our 1985 photo model has the dealer-installed pinstripe kit, a factory option.The V-Max immediately muscled its way to the lead in its category. Well, that arm must not be long enough, after watching the bike do a pull on the chassis dyno.

Is there a difference mechanically or electrically? The Yamaha V-Max, (called VMAX after 2009), is a cruiser motorcycle made by Yamaha since 1985, known for its powerful 70° V4 engine, shaft drive, and distinctive styling.

Yamaha Motor Company is a Japanese company that manufactures marine engines, large helicopter drones and other motorized products. Cram that fuel in, spark the plug, and the factory was claiming 145 crankshaft horses.There was one minor drawback to all this complication with the air-induction system, which included a large airbox under the cover that looked like a gas tank, and that was that the fuel tank had to be placed under the seat and held a mere four gallons. He also have refurbish engines for sale and pick up.Interesting. Loved the acceleration and hushed whispers of other riders when I cruised past and I could hear, “There’s a V-max!” For me, it’s biggest flaw was in running out of gears.
It received a few additional mods, but the V-Max stayed pretty much the same old, same old. And that engine… It’s something I really want to be able to experience once in a while.A new rectifier should solve the charging problem. Weird & WackyWe use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. I still have the receipt. Yamaha V-Max. 1985 Yamaha VMax with all the upgrades you can think of. I let it sit for about six years and the carburetors got gummed up. Nothing against the Vmax, but the only thing I miss about riding that now is the brawny engine which feels and sounds like a big-block dragster and delivers mind-boggling acceleration in the V-Boost range.

Rear Tires 200x50x18.

If you didn’t get a recall notice, it might be because you didn’t have one of the first 2,000. With a Stage 7 jet kit, and a kerker off road exhaust. The best part is being able to keep up with (or walk away from) the 600-750cc buzzy boys leaving a light riding 2-up.

Here’s an excerpt from a Yamaha blog site (“It took a mere 10.30 seconds for the 1985 V-Max* to roar into the record books and the hearts of motorcycle adrenalin junkies around the world. …”My motor in my 1988 vmax is shot. The brakes are so much stronger and the handling is so much safer. Get in touch before the Spring when shops tend to to be at their busiest. They're best known, however, for their motorcycles.

Yellow Split Peas Calories 100g, Do Emus Put Their Head In The Sand, Omlet Geo Bird Cage Review, Broad Shelled Turtle For Sale, Ungodly Killers American Dad, Megan Benton Lewis, Sandra Grant Bennett, Anime Guild Names, Soy Amigo De Dios Letra, Scary Pop Up Videos Car, Coleman Sundome 4 Person Tent Pole Replacement, Booger Soul In The Hole, Take Yours Matthew Mole Lyrics Meaning, Best Dip Tobacco, Dj Kool Herc First Rap Song, Ikea Rolling Cart With Drawers, Meredith Baker Tim O'brien, Rochester Nh Car Registration Estimate, Retained Puppy Teeth How Long To Wait, 2018 Sea Doo Depth Finder, Hanlim Multi Art School, Deja Vu Puns, Reddit Lafc Streams, Trick Or Treat Lyrics Dolph, Vanderbilt Family Tree Today, Which Is A Characteristic Of Personal Watercraft Maneuverability Quizlet, How To Use Onion Juice For Skin Whitening, White Bed Sheets For Hotels, Craigslist Ct Campers, I Wouldn't Change A Thing Lyrics Westerlight, How To Draw A Police Badge, What Gun Can Kill A Tiger, A Gray State Reddit, Sb Dunk Low, Samsung 4 Door Fridge Freezer, Magical Girl Site English Dubbed, Mile Tune Up Checklist, Karcher 4000 Psi Pressure Washer, Repaired Salvage Cars For Sale, My Cactus Is Growing Arms, Critical Role Naval Combat Rules, Ant Financial Wealth Management, Open Range Mid Bunk 5th Wheel, Nj Dmv Registration Renewal Lost Pin, Carolina Skiff Offshore, That Other Shore Chords, Skoolie For Sale Colorado, White Curds In Baby Poop, Cus D'amato Wife, Trailmanor Hard Sided Pop Up Camper, Bmw Toaster Tank For Sale, She Wanted To Buy Magilla Gorilla Crossword, Bad Ice Cream 2 Unblocked, Uncle Wiggily In Connecticut Pdf, Brotherhood Of The Wolf Dual Audio 300mb, You Are The Scrum Master For Four Scrum Teams Working From The Same Product Backlog, Khao Manee For Sale Near Me, 40 Gallon Galvanized Stock Tank, Bad Child Roblox Id Tones And I, How To Keep A Bird Egg Warm Without A Heat Lamp, Ghost Adventures Cast Member Fired, 50 Cal Assault Rifle, Aroma Rice Cooker Inner Lid, Best Magnetic Gun Mount For Car, Krause 4900 Disc Manual, Colorado Elk Population Density Map 2018, Can You Fry French Fries In An Electric Skillet, Anthony Dion Fay, College Essay Guy Values Exercise, 112 Its Over Now Mp3 Download, Mini Australian Shepherd Mix For Sale, Red Tailed Hawk For Sale Uk, Green Cheek Conure Weight Oz, Rust Raid Calculator, Red Tail Boa For Sale, 1965 Honda C100 For Sale, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Ending Explained, 2009 Nissan Versa Hubcap Recall, Baek Jong Won Alley Restaurant Episode List, Ba 27 When Re Boarding A Pwc After A Fall How Should It Be Rolled, Lee Precision Load Data Sheet, Cheesecake Factory Blackout Cake Recipe, The Pillars Of The Earth Season 1 Episode 9, Lowes Online Order Phone Number, Minecraft Rpg Skills Mod,

About the Author

ADD A COMMENT